UPDATE: The bus is full. Registration is closed.
VCTC Bus to the start of the NYC Half! From the Bronx to Brooklyn with your teammates and friends! NOW is the time to sign up!
- Date: Sunday, March 19 2023
- MEETING PLACE: Handball courts (just south of Broadway and 242nd)
- 5:15 Bus check-in
- Bus will leave PROMPTLY at 5:30
- Drop off will be on Eastern Parkway between Franklin Avenue and Classon Avenue for those checking a bag (those not checking a bag will enter at Washington Avenue from the west off of Eastern Parkway)
- Cost: $25 for VCTC members and $30 for non VCTC members
To reserve/pay for your seat, please use this Paypal button.
If you are using Pay Pal, no need to RSVP.
If you would prefer to use Zelle or Venmo, please contact our treasurer, Andrea Rafael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members can bring cash or check to a workout/group run before March 19.
PLEASE NO CASH RACE DAY AT THE BUS
Why so early?
There are 5 waves starting as early as 7:20 and late as 9:20 (please check your start/baggage check/corral closing times once you have your Wave assignments). Runners in the Wave 1 are advised to arrive by 6:10 in order to be able to check bags and get to their corral on time. If you are in a later corral, you will have a longer wait but a good time hanging out with fellow runners and more time to warm up!
Please note start times:
Wave 1: 7:20
Wave 2: 7:50
Wave 3: 8:20
Wave 4: 8:50
Wave 5: 9:20
Can we wait on the bus?
No, the bus will not be able to park. So if you will have a long wait, please bring extra throw away clothes so you will be able to stay warm once you’ve checked your bags. Also, since this is a one-way bus, you will not be able to leave anything on the bus.
Please email us at email@example.com with subject “Bus to NYC Half”